Romance, while prevalent from times unknown, got due recognition only in the modern era. People began to symbolize love with heaven and romance with an eternity of happiness. Several days were created and named to celebrate this sacred emotion, one of these being Valentine’s Day. February 14th is rejoiced world-wide, not only by couples but also by those who want to express their affection and fondness for a particular person. In short, it’s a cheerful day to be alive!
Who hasn’t experienced that warm and fuzzy feeling of first-sight attraction? Almost everybody have had their crushes and infatuations. Simple gestures like handing over a blooming flower to your crush, or penning down your emotions on a card often signify Valentine’s Day. To capture these sentiments creatively yet effectively, we introduce to you 7 simple yet ingenious card designs to gift and surprise your crush.
So, what are you waiting for? Step up your game of love today!
Is your crush a stationery fanatic? If yes, then this is a perfect card to gift them! It ensures that love and stationary blend well together. All you need is a white or colourful cardstock, scissors with a decorative edge, hole-punch, pencils, eraser tips and ribbons.
- You can either print on the card or draw innovatively while cutting them out, all heart-shaped.
- Punch holes at the top right side and bottom left side.
- Ensure that the holes punched are big enough to accommodate your pencil width and slide it in!
- Cover the unsharpened end with an eraser and don’t forget to tie a ribbon bow at the other end.
Hola! Your innovative card is ready! Gift it to your crush and express affection artistically!
Who wouldn’t love a splash of colours in their daily, mundane life? Everybody adores this refreshing change. Especially, if the colour shades include affection, admiration and infatuation. So, why not gift your crush a colourful card that will brighten their lives almost instantaneously?
All you need for this dynamic experiment is an oven, some crayons and a cookie sheet!
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and start assembling the material needed.
- Peel the paper off your crayons and break them into small pieces.
- While mixing the pieces make sure that each cookie compartment gets some light as well as some dark colours, for proper colour blending and resourcefulness.
- After you are done with the colour combination part, pop the cookie sheet in the oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- As all ovens work differently, it is better if you watch the process of the crayons melting all along and take them out before they get blended monochromatically.
- Allow the tray to cool down and watch these vibrant heart-shaped structures pop right out!
- You can gift wrap the heart, thus maintaining the element of surprise for your crush.
So, what are you waiting for? Blend your emotions today!
Paper Fortune Cookies
If you are not so much of an active personality and yet you want to be creative in your romantic approach, then this is just the right option for you!
All you need for this activity is a printer, scissors and a multi-coloured pen!
- You can get a layout of fortune cookies and written messages online here. Print them out.
- Cutting out the shapes perfectly, fold the fortune cookies one side over the other and pinch them at the centre. A crease will be formed.
- Then, unfold the circle and turn it perpendicularly such that the crease is horizontally placed and bring the sides together again.
- Hold it in position and gently nudge the pinched part inwards with your index finger.
- Tuck in the customized or the ready-made message strip inside the gap and then try to make the top and the bottom edges to meet.
- Having completed the process, seal the deal with some glue and let it dry.
Hats off to this “fortunate ingeniousness” achieved! Hand over the cookie to your crush and watch your fortune shine, brighter than ever!
“How can valentine’s day be complete without candy?” Taking the above saying seriously, we introduce to you candy cards, exclusively hand-crafted and totally inventive. As this cute card is an exclusive activity of the smaller age groups, the materials used are easily available and inexpensive.
All you need is cardstock, a printer, a paper-cutter, 3” X 4” Ziploc bags, a stapler and of course, candy!
- Firstly, download your favourite valentine poster and print it out or you can merely hand-draw designs and patterns.
- Next, cut the bag toppers out using a paper cutter and finally fold the bag topper in half, stapling it to a bag filled with candy.
Hola! Your valentine card is ready to be devoured! Do try this fabulously delicious artwork for your special crush this valentine!
Is your crush a great foodie? If yes, then this is the perfect way to find a place in their heart – Through their stomach! This popcorn bag is the perfect definition of creative eating. Also, you don’t need any special materials for this card.
- All you have to do is to fill a plastic bag with flavoured popcorn and seal the bag with a decorative washi tape.
- Now, you must be wondering what to do with the front side of the bag. All you have to do is to download and print a valentine cover of your choice, or squiggle a perfect art on a paper and stick it on the bag using a double-sided tape.
And your perfect valentine’s card is ready! Gift your crush a delicious, lip-smacking card and enjoy the moment!
Bunny Gift Box
Who doesn’t like cute cartoon characters? These cards will never go out of fashion. The material you need is a colour printer, card layouts and some snacks and goodies.
- Print out the card layouts (or you can hand-craft them easily) and fold at the creases appropriately.
- Once you are done with the folding and sticking part, fill the card holder with goodies.
- You can always pen down emotions and stick them onto the card.
Wild About You
Is your crush an avid animal lover? If yes, then this is the card for you! Although the card designs are limited to wild animals, it is quite cool to have a tie-on animal bracelet. They are very neat to look at and quite easy to make. They are made of plastic wild animal beads and coloured suede cords.
- All you need is a piece of colourful paper with corny messages hand-written.
- Punch a hole in one corner and tie up the string in form of a bracelet, including the plastic beads.
Overall, the card is suave and is a great alternative for candy-free valentines. It will make sure to leave your animal-loving crush smiling for the entire day! Go for it this valentine itself!
Darice’s Premium Art Set by Amazon – Enjoyable by both children and adults, this artistically complete box needs no introduction. Buy it here
Love is a strong emotion that needs a suitable perception and an apt representation. Valentine’s Day is a refined portrayal of this sacred sensation. Celebrating ardour, affection and passion in a creative way uplifts not only the culture of the society but also the outlook of an individual. Innovative art is nothing but a medium to convey this intense zeal, creatively yet subtly. Though it is accurately said by Vincent Van Gogh – “I feel there’s nothing more artistic than loving people!” – we can always try to celebrate valentine’s or any other day that symbolizes love in an imaginative and innovative way and creating unique cards like the ones mentioned above is a humble attempt at the same.