Essential Items You Need for a Trek On The Hills
There are many fun and engaging activities associated with traveling. To hike or trek on the hills is one of the most exhilarating and adventurous activities of travelling. Trekking can be therapeutic for some travellers as well as a source of intense adventure for some. A proper hiking adventure calls for a proper organized preparation before the hike. Trekkers have to keep in mind a few things while planning out a trekking trip on the hills, such as, to select a proper route, carry appropriate hiking gear for the trip and so on. We have to keep in mind that we are pretty privileged to have all the essential stuff around us as we are far away from the nature out there, so one needs to carry all the important things when they go up there on the hills as they will not be easily available around, or rather almost impossible to get. One can easily forget to carry along something insignificant, but that might be troublesome at some point of the trekking adventure. Thus, we have listed out a few extremely essential items that one needs to carry when they are going for trekking on the hills.
1.Backpacks and BagsAs obvious as it may sound, choosing the right backpack for your trekking can be an irksome task. You have to keep in mind a lot of things when you are choosing the accurate backpack for the trip. You have to carry all your items in the bag that you are carrying, so you have to make sure that the backpack is big enough for that and also you have to see that it is not so big that it becomes a tiresome task to carry it. You have to select a backpack that is comfortable and easy to carry, yet has enough space for all the items. The quality of padding of the backpack, checking the lumbar pad, the shoulder strap and the hip belt are some of important features that one needs to look after while choosing the perfect trekking backpack.
Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG Backpacks
- The backpack is available in two sizes; medium and large
- It fits perfectly and very comfortable because of its anti-gravity suspension
- One of the best ventilation system installed in this backpack. The mesh suspension system keeps you cool during the hot summer days.
- The Fit-on-the-Fly hip belt along with the easily adjustable torso length provides comfort in the trekking trail
- The floating top lid can be removed to reduce the weightage of the backpack, as well as stretched to carry oversized items
- The zips and the strappings and the buckles are well placed and very convenient to use
2.Maps or CompassHikers, very often, tend to get lost while hiking. It is no surprise as the hills are vast in area, and every place looks similar. Hikers cannot be dependent on the GPS in their phones or any other devices as they can easily run out of battery, or there might be connection issues as well at a high altitude. It is very important to carry a compass or a map of that area so that if you get lost, you can follow the compass directions or the map to follow the correct route. A compass or a map will not only show you your current location, or your destination, it will also show you the nearby campsites, water body and so on. Therefore, a compass or a map of the region is necessary for hill trekking to prevent yourself from losing your way.
Eyeskey Multifunctional Military Army Aluminium Alloy Compass with Map Measurer Distance Calculator
- It is made of Aluminium Alloy which is ideal for harsh environmental conditions
- Lightweight yet heavy, rugged and durable construction
- Measuring wheels to determine both straight and curve distances
- The capsule is liquid filled with a floating dial
- Sturdy material
3.Hiking JacketsChoosing the right trekking jacket is very important as the jacket protects you from the harsh natural outdoor elements and it regulates your body temperature according to the weather. The jacket must be comfortable, lightweight and durable. A waterproof jacket is essential for hiking for protection against the rain and cold.
The North Face Men’s Resolve 2 Jacket
- It has DryVent 2L shell with mesh liner, which is a waterproof and breathable technology.
- Hood is adjustable, with breathable rain jacket
- Velcro stormflap covers front zipper
- Hand pockets are covered and secured with elastic-bound cuffs
4.Trekking torchWhen you are hiking on a hilly region, you will not have any light source there after sunset. So, it is necessary to carry a torch when you are going for hiking, especially on dense hilly regions where the source of light is negligible. It is important to carry a light source with you to find way in the dark, to check your surroundings when it is dark and so on.
Outlite A100 Portable Ultra Bright Handheld LED Flashlight
- Adjustable focus- intense torchlight up to 600 feet
- Circle floodlight to cover large area illumination
- Water-resistant design
- Five light modes- 3 brightness modes, one strobe and SOS emergency modes
- Outstanding output of brightness powered by 18650 battery
- Sturdy and durable for long time uses
ConclusionOther than all the items mentioned above, there are a few more essential items that needs to be packed for trekking such as extra food, excess water, ideal trekking boots, portable tents, and first aid kit. Trekking is fun and adventurous only when you have all the necessary items in your backpack.